40’x 26’ One and One-Half Story Detached Garage
Orange County, NC
When this customer in Orange County, NC came to us, it was under unfortunate circumstances. Their previous garage that they had used to store vehicles and other items caught fire and was completely destroyed, leaving behind a mess to clean up and replace. Their project consisted of building a new garage in the same location to restore the previous space.
This project spotlight consisted of:
- Using the existing concrete from the previous garage as a sustainable base with a 4”
buffer of gravel between the new slab. After doing this, HWS built the perimeter foundation around the existing slab to save the customer the cost of removing the concrete pad.
- Installing board and baton siding on the front wall and on the front shed dormer
- Constructing a 12’ shed dormer with (3) 30”x30” windows
- Laying a brick foundation similar to the house
- Utilizing hardiplank textured siding, fascia, and trim – all painted accordingly – to match the house
- (3) Haas Brand American Tradition Series with glazing.
- Painted garage doors
- Pouring new concrete approach to attached to existing driveway
After completing this recent project, our satisfied customer now uses the first floor of their new garage for parking cars, motorcycles, and as a workshop while utilizing the upper space for storage.