24’x 24’ One and One-Half Story Attached Garage
For this Pittsboro, NC project, our customer wanted an attached garage that would match the existing style of their home and make their parking and storage areas easier to access in inclement weather. To achieve this vision while also making sure the customer and their family had a place to keep wet boots, raincoats, and shoes, the HWS Garages team attached the garage to the home with an 8’x 12’ unfinished interior mudroom.
This project spotlight features:
- Matching siding to the home (includes Hardi plank textured siding, brick, shingles, as well as the Hardi shake siding in top gable with stone below the water table)
- 24’ water table
- New concrete apron connected with existing driveway for vehicle access
- Foundation built with interior gravel fill as a base for an interior floating concrete slab
- Fascia, shingle rake, freeze board, and crown matching accordingly with house
- Brick foundation around sides and rear with stone on front, all matching with house
- Carriage house style garage door with 1/2 horsepower garage door operator
Since HWS Garages completed this project in the summer of 2021, the customer has begun using the first floor for parking cars and storing lawn equipment. The upstairs portion is used primarily for storage, though they have future recreational purposes that they plan to use the additional space for this year.