40’x 26’ One and One-Half Story Detached Garage
The customers for this project came to HWS Garages with a vision for their customer garage. For this 3-car, one and one-half story structure, they wanted an open ceiling above the left bay so the entire left section could be used as a workshop with a car lift. To define the areas within the garage, however, they wanted a clear separation between the left and middle bay so they other two spaces could be used to park their vehicles.
To achieve this vision for the customer, HWS Garages performed the following upgrades and design details:
- Installed a 24’ shed style dormer on the back and 3 – 4’ gable dormers on the front to match the style of the home.
- Placed brick veneer on the front foundation with block foundation on the sides and rear to pull the look together.
- Created a partition wall that separated the left bay from the middle and right bay.
- Installed Hardiplank beaded siding to match closely with the Masonite siding on the house.
- Cut out some of the existing concrete that had cracked from tree roots and poured new concrete to tie in with the driveway.
In addition to secure spaces to park their vehicles, this customer now has a dedicated workshop to work on cars and store tools.