24’x 36’ One and One-Half Story Detached Garage
The vision that this customer wanted to achieve was to have an 11’ tall ceiling in their garage to install a car lift in one bay and use the other bay as a workshop. While building this custom garage, we constructed interior stairs that lead upstairs to a second floor with a full 36’ long dormer for additional head space and room. The original plan for the upstairs was to use it as a bonus room/man cave, making this custom structure the perfect place for our customer to work on his vehicles or kick back upstairs.
Some upgrades the customer received:
- A full 36’ dormer
- A 3rd garage door installed on the left rear of the garage and a 10’x 10’ concrete pad poured in front to create easy access to the workshop area.
- Additional concrete poured in the front of the garage to match the existing concrete. This allows our customer sufficient room to comfortably pull vehicles in and out.
- Crick, shingles, and fascia trim to tie in with the exterior style of the home.
- False roof rakes on front and back with a 36’ long water table on the left wall. This helps split the look of the garage between the first and second floor on the dormer side and takes away the look of having one big wall.
- Garage doors painted to finalize the exterior appearance.
With our experience in creating custom garages, HWS was able to take our customer’s vision and bring it to life to not only give him a workshop, but also a place to relax after a long day.